Are Tile Roofs Worth the Cost?
- Tuesday, 29 September 2020 13:06
Clay and cement tiles are certainly among the more expensive roofing materials that Fort Smith roofing companies choose
, but both options come with numerous great benefits to justify the investment. Here are some:
- Durability – roofing tiles are among the most durable roofing materials, offering a lifespan of up to 100 years;
- Low maintenance and easy repair – you will need to inspect and clean your tile roof twice a year, but if you don’t neglect those duties, the faults you find are not likely to be very serios. Tile roofs being built from smaller individual components that are fixed separately, if your inspections reveal any cracked or chipped tiles, you can simply remove the damaged elements and slip the new tiles into place with a few easy moves;
- Energy-efficiency – clay and cement are both great insulators and so are the roof tiles made from them. Both materials will help you keep your building interior cool in summer and warm in winter and the minimized energy loss will significantly lower your energy bills, too;
- Resistance to the elements – tile roofs are impermeable to water, resistant to fire, wind and unattractive for pests;
- A wide variety of styles and colors – both clay and cement tiles come is a wide array of shapes, sizes and colors, including varieties featuring classic designs and products that can confer an extravagant look to your building, such as bright-colored or glossy tiles.