Essential Steps to Take Before Repairing a Loose Shingle
- Thursday, 22 August 2019 12:13
Repairing a loose shingle or two sounds like an easy job even if you’re not too tech savvy. After all, almost anyone can use a few basic tools and understand the concept of tearing down a broken shingle and replacing it with a new one. However, as with all things, it’s important to be prepared. The following recommendations should help you out with that:
- Make sure you have the right tools at your disposal. For a typical asphalt shingle replacement, you will need such tools as a framing square, pry bars, a roofing shovel and a dependable caulking gun.
- You will, of course, need the right materials for the job as well, including the shingle and the right amount of roof cement.
- Safety gear will also be required, including a sturdy ladder and a good harness to keep you from falling.
- Finally, make sure you have all the necessary cleanup tools even before you begin the project. These should include a lawn rake, a push broom and a well-designed large scoop shovel, so you can remove all the fallen debris from the premises.
The more shingles you have to repair or replace, the better prepared you’ll have to be, especially in the safety department. If you feel unsure on what to do or how to go about replacing your shingles, or if you want additional advice, make sure you also contact your local Bentonville roofing companies
and ask all the questions you need answered.