Tips for Correctly Budgeting for a Roof Replacement
- Friday, 05 April 2019 12:47
According to the statistics, the average cost of roof replacement is usually somewhere between 19,000 and 35,000 dollars, but the final amount paid for the new roof depends on lots of factors that need to be taken into consideration during the budgeting phase if you want to be sure that your calculations are accurate. Here is what you should pay attention to:
- Material prices – asphalt shingles are known to be the cheapest roofing material, followed by metal and clay tiles and with wood and slate on the top of the price range. However, roofing material prices vary not only by type, but by geographic region, seller type and time of the year as well;
- Size and pitch – larger roofs require more material than flat roofs and a high-pitched roof is also more expensive;
- Labor costs – if you are a skilled amateur roofer, you might try to reduce roofing costs by doing some of the work yourself, but a complete re-roofing done on a large roof is better left to professionals, which also means that you will need to factor in labor costs as well. Bear in mind that not all roofers work for the same rates – some are more expensive, others are cheaper, so the best way to act is to get quotes from several experts and to choose the offer that looks the best;
- Prepare for the unexpected – no building project goes exactly to plan, so add a margin of about 20% to your budget for unexpected expenses. You can always call an get an estimate from a Bentonville roofing contractor for a more accurate cost.